Criminal charges that can be considered sex offenses are a wide ranging variety of different charges and degrees of seriousness.
Charges that our attorneys regularly defend include:
- aggravated sexual assault
- criminal sexual conduct
- date rape
- disseminating matter harmful to a juvenile
- distribution of obscene material to a minor
- forcible rape
- gross sexual imposition
- illegal use of a minor in a nudity-oriented material or performance
- indecent assault
- indecent exposure
- indecent liberties
- indecent solicitation
- lewdness / lewd and lascivious acts
- online solicitation of a minor
- open and gross lewdness
- producing child pornography
- possession of child pornography
- public indecency
- receiving child pornography
- sexual assault
- sexual battery
- sexual exploitation of a child
- Sexual imposition
- sexual misconduct
- statutory rape
- soliciting a prostitute
- solicitation of a minor
- unlawful sexual conduct
- unlawful sexual penetration
and many related offenses.
State laws vary across the country on penalties. Some of these charges, such as lewd and lascivious acts, indecent exposure, and prostitution/solicitation are usually considered misdemeanors in most states. However most sex crimes are felonies, which will result in prison time if you are found guilty.
But any criminal sexual offense will result in you being declared a sex offender, and you will be required to register with the local police. And your status as a registered sex offender will of course be public information and show up on any background check.
A great legal defense attorney and strategy is crucial to getting fair treatment in court. Please contact us to arrange for a free legal consultation with a local criminal defense attorney who can help you defend your rights in court.